~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about the love~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, February 20, 2012

Music Monday - Neon Trees

Neon Trees. Indie/alternative band from Provo, Utah.

When I was doing my major 30 Seconds to Mars gigging across Canada and the US in 2010, these guys were one of the openers about 85% of the time. They have fantastic energy, catchy tunes, and Tyler Glenn (the lead singer) is an absolute firecracker on stage. I had the opportunity to hang out with them a bit and I can tell you they are the most down-to-earth, fun, interesting guys (and girl) I've met in a long time. Fabulous band. Check then out. I think you'll like.






They don't have a video for this song but I really like it so here's a live version.




4 comments:

  1. They definitely have catchy tunes. Animal is my favorite. Everytime I hear that song I want to get up and move. Then the music is usually stuck in my head for the rest of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Neon Trees! I've had "Animal" and "Everybody Talks" going through my head all day!

    On a separate note, I now seem to be addicted to "ICanhazcheezburger" - following them by email and on Twitter after seeing the various pics you have used!!! Not a bad addiction though - cute & funny animal pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - They are fabulous and so much energy in concert. And you're right, the tunes are so addicting.

    Diana - Our War is one of my faves and in concert, Sins is the best.
    I'm glad someone besides me likes those damn addicting cats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of Neon Trees before! I loved Your Surrender! Gonna have to find more!

    ReplyDelete