Firstly, thank you K-lee for letting me be a part of this hop. The theme is Gratitude & Giving. So I thought today I’ve decided to review the year that’s coming to an end and talk about 12 things I’m most thankful for—one for each month of the year… Most will revolve around my family.
· My family, for always having my back no matter how stressed our lives become. They always make me see that life is worth living. Plus, Mum and Ethan (my son) for making sure I have my first cup of coffee every day. Also thanks for keeping me supplied in loose leaf paper and a multitude of pens.
· Again my family for making me minimalize my life and the house… if we haven’t used it in over a year then it has to go… I have lost half my wardrobe because I wear the same handful of things over and over. I’m grateful I have a family I can dole things out to… I had a shitload of plastic wear in the kitchen that will soon be housed at a childcare centre… now that it’s just Mum, Ethan, and me at home I didn’t need it.
· My husband who has let me be a writer, while he worked to support us… I love him more with every passing day—even if he is now living in a whole different country, and we only get to see him every couple of months or so.
· My son, Ethan for trying in school and getting better grades than last year… he’s improved enough to be offered a spot in the alternative year 10 program, which is for boys that find it hard in school… instead of normal subjects he will be learning how to run a business. I know next year will be even better for him. He also went out and got a part time job to be able to chip in with paying for his schooling.
· For my daughter, Emily for sticking it out in uni—even with the really tough subjects she struggled with. I know in the end she’ll be excited that she did it, even if it does mean a course change.
· My pets for loving me unconditionally—even on the hardest days they are there listening and giving me their silent support. I never really wanted cats, but now I love them all (in case you are wondering I have 3: Droogie, Willow, Toby, and a peach face named Hector).
· My characters, even though they drive me to distraction most days. At least while they are there harassing me, I know I still have many more stories to come—may they be as annoying next year, and for all the years that follow.
· To my readers… For those who read my blogs—thank you for letting me ramble, you wouldn’t believe how helpful that is when I’m trying to sort shit out in my head…. For those who read my books—you make what I do worthwhile. I know that I can’t please everyone, but as long as one reader is happy than I know my job is done.
· My wonderful editors: Christie N… Faith BB… Jamie DR… without you all I would be a mess. Thank you for your patience when it comes to explaining things to me in a way that I can understand.
· My wonderful publishers: Fireborn Publishing… MLRPress… Totally Bound (Pride Publishing) Thank you for giving me the chance to live out a dream I’ve had since I was a child. Hopefully we will have many more years to come.
· My friends on social media (you know who you are) I may not join in the conversation every day, but I love reading your words… whether they be about your books, real life, or just bitching about having a bad day—because it tells me I’m not the only one in the world who has problems. Also thankful every now and again I get to have my own drama filled rants.
· Most of all I’m thankful I finally have my office back to myself. I never realised how hard it is to share—even if it is with family. I struggled this year to get the peace and quiet I need to write… Now Emily has moved out and has taken all of her uni books I once again have my private space… I will be able to spread out and have my research a fingertip away instead of having to search it out because someone else has moved it… I know this one sounds like I’m bitching, and I probably am—but I really am thankful to have my own space back, because I have a full on writing schedule for 2016.
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas, and the Happiest of New Years. May the new year be more productive than the year just past for us all. I look forward to reading everyone’s new works.
In the season of giving—I’m offering two books from my back list (even if it’s the new Hidden Hearts Book: One last Kiss Goodbye—which is an old story that has been heavily re written and extended—releasing January 1st from Fireborn Publishing). All I need is for you two give me your two choices and what format you need them in and I will get them to you as soon as possible—Good luck everyone.
NJ needs to write like she needs to breathe. It’s an addiction she never intends to find a cure for. When you don’t find NJ arguing with Vlad, her muse, or writing about the wonderful men in her stories, you’ll find her reading work by other authors she greatly admires. NJ lives on five acres situated in the SE of Qld, Australia with her family who all encourage her writing career (even if she does occasionally call them by her character’s names), and her variety of pets. NJ thinks anyone who takes the time to read her stuff is totally awesome, and wants to thank you all.
FIND NJ HERE
My Blog (where you hear about everything)
WordPress (mainly book related)