~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about the love~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog page update and help needed...

I'm having a drowsy day, again. Haven't heard back from the doctor about my blood tests or sleep test - guess I'll have to make an appointment. Don't think I'd mind so much if it was a little tiredness but it's like this overwhelming fatigue that makes it so I can't do a damn thing.

Writing wasn't working so I decided to upgrade my blog a little - between naps just like the kitty said. Didn't do much but added an extra column and put the word counts of my WIPs with the inspirational character pics to go with them. I kind of like how it looks except my header which really needs to be centred but I have no idea how to do that. Would really love some advice on it since my OCD really hates the way it looks right now. Also seriously considering paying someone to set up my website. I have a domain name and a site on HostBig! that is just going to waste right now. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry, I'm an idiot at tech. I usually have to call one of my kids. I do like your improvements though:)

    Tj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your changes too.

    Ugh, no clue on the centuring as you can probably tell from my own non-centured title. It has something to do with html and putting in it or something but I don't know!

    I think you can google web designers who you can contact about designing your site. I know of author authors who pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack it posted my same comment THREE TIMES!!!

    See, see, I know nothing about tech!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try this:

    In your "Dashboard", select "Design". From there, go to your Template Designer > Advanced > Add CSS , and add this code:

    .header-outer {
    margin-left:90px;
    }

    You may need to adjust the number until it looks right. After you get it where you want it, click "Apply to Blog".

    Good luck.
    ~xxx~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks TJ. :)

    ACK! I miss you, Ivie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. *purrs* Miss Xara, you are pure genius! *smooches*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the new look of your blog! Love the Inspirational character pics and I bet you know which pic is my fave. :)

    Take care. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. www.wix.com is veeeery easy to set up. I hosted with Bigdaddy.com first, but found it impossible to set up a site the way I wanted it, so I just asked them for a refund and they were happy to oblige. You can set up a Wix page without paying - you can even use it, but if you want to link it to your very own domain name, then you have to set up a subscription (it's not that expensive). I seriously recommend it. It's just drag and drop.

    ReplyDelete