~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about the love~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gratitude & Giving Day 9 - Erica Pike

Thank you, K-Lee for allowing me to take part in this. 
My ex husband and I divorced in 2011 and as a result our sons have to split the holidays with us. One year they spend Christmas with me and the New Year’s with their dad, and the next year it’s the other way around. It’s hard, both for me and him and the boys as well. So this year, I’m grateful to my ex for allowing me to spend twenty days—including Christmas and New Year’s—with my sons when we go to the United States. I’m also grateful to my father who’s taking me, my sons, Mom and himself on a family trip to the USA to celebrate his 60th birthday. 
It’s going to be weird, not being in Iceland over Christmas. There won’t be snow in Texas, where we’ll stay with family, and we won’t have Mom’s amazing cakes and food, but I’m grateful for the upcoming experience. And I’m looking forward to showing my family everything there is to see from Denver to El Paso to Los Angeles to Las Vegas. It’s going to be amazing!

Giveaway:
I’ve been in a slump for the past two years, so I don’t have anything new to give. But I have a bunch of books out and I’d like to offer a copy of Black Hurricane to one commenter. Please leave your email in your comment so you can be reached and tell me which format you’d prefer: pdf, ePub, or mobi (Kindle). 

Bio:
Erica lives in Iceland with her adorable little twin boys. She often says that her real name sounds like Klingon to foreigners. If “Eyjafjallajokull” looks like someone fell asleep on the keyboard, Erica’s real name could leave a non-Icelander in a zombie-like stupor for days.
She’s been writing for several years, or ever since reading became an obsession. Aside from a business degree, Erica has taken English courses at the University of Iceland and gulped down anything that might help her in her career as an author. She takes great interest in English, but will break every single grammar rule for the sake of The Voice.
Erica loves hearing from her readers. She’s a friendly, easy-going (if a bit silly) person who doesn’t mind talking about herself in third person.




9 comments:

  1. Hi Erica! Sounds like you have an amazing trip coming up, even if you will be missing some of your normal Christmas items. Thanks for being a part of the giving!
    nidabland@msn.com and mobi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how hard it is to be away from your boys during the holidays every other year. I hope that your trip to America goes well and you all enjoy it! Sounds like a fabulous way to celebrate a 60th birthday. I hope that you find some inspiration as well, writing slumps are no fun. Jczlapin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the trip goes well and it will be weird without snow but it will be wonderful to spend more time with your boys and family.

    ShirleyAnn(at)speakman40(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing trip! Have fun and enjoy yourselves. What an awesome gift to yourself and family for a 60th birthday.

    juliesmall2016(at)gmail(dot)com and mobi please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie! Congratulations, you're the winner! I'll send out your ebook later today in mobi format. :)

      Hugs, K-lee

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the post. Hope you have safe travels and a great trip.

    nisee1966@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip! I separated with the father of my child when she was a baby and had similar arrangements. Now she is 16 and wants nothing to do with him. I just make sure her Christmases with me are full of family, generosity and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post. Hope your slump goes away.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erica is away so I announcing the winner - Julie! Thank to everyone for stopping by.

    Hugs,
    K-lee

    ReplyDelete