~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about the love~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Gratitude & Giving Day 12 - Dean Pace-Frech

First of all, I am grateful for K-lee’s friendship! We were roommates at the inaugural Rainbow Con in 2014 and have been best buds ever since!  And I am grateful to her for hosting all of us this month.

One of the things I am most grateful for this year is the chance to be off work on Christmas Eve so we get to go home to my parents, in the small town I grew up in. I actually have the whole week off the work job, so I am looking forward to getting caught up on writing projects.

My family has always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. When my brothers and I were younger, my mom said it was because she couldn’t get us to wait. When we grew up, we kept our Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve so that we can go to in-laws on Christmas Day.

What’s your favorite Christmas tradition? Either now or when you were growing up? I’d love to hear. I’ll pick one winner from the comments below on December 19th to receive an eBook of your choice: A Place to Call Their Own, Disappear with Me, or my latest, Need Your Love.


BTW…did you know my latest novel, Need Your Love is available? Check it out:

Blurb: 

In June, 1966, ACLU attorney Eron Lassiter attends his uncle’s wedding, and makes an unsettling discovery. Though he’d bowed to family pressure and has a potential marriage planned, his long-ignored attraction to other men roars to life when Garrett Emerson, the bride’s nephew, captures his attention.

After serving in the Korean War and going to college later than his peers, upwardly mobile Garrett is a loan officer at a local bank. For his girlfriend, fiancé in her mind, he can’t climb fast enough. But none of that matters to Eron, and maybe that’s why Garrett’s so drawn to him.
Can Eron and Garrett find happiness amidst the still pervasive culture of propriety, honor, and expectation in the 1960s?

Sales Links:

Bio:
With inspiration from historical tourism sites, the love of reading, and a desire to write a novel, Dean started crafting his debut novel, A Place to Call Their Own, in 2008. After four years of writing and polishing the manuscript, it was accepted and originally published 2013. His second novel, Disappear With Me, set in Edwardian England, was published later that same year. Both novels were re-released in May 2015.
Dean lives in Kansas City, Missouri, with his husband Thomas (legally as of February 14, 2015), and their two cats. They are involved in their church and enjoy watching movies, outdoor activities in the warmer weather, and spending time together with friends and family. In addition to writing, Dean’s hobbies include reading and patio gardening.

Dean is currently working a standalone title, Sartin, a fantasy title about a merman looking for his place in his world and The Higher Law, a continuation of the story of Frank and Gregory’s family set in the 1930s.
Where to find him:
Facebook:  Dean Pace-Frech, Author page or send a friend request Dean Pace-Frech.
Twitter: @deanpacefrech
Google+: +deanpacefrech
Goodreads: Dean Pace-Frech
Pinterest:  Dean Pace-Frech



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me today! Sorry I'm late, feeling a little under the weather today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have two traditions that are my favorite. My dad loves to put tinsel on the tree. Of course he does it one strand at a time. He taught that to both my daughters and for the last 23 years they have gone to his house Christmas eve to help put tinsel on the tree...one strand at a time. Then comes the 2nd tradition..when the girls are done at dads they come back to my house and we watch The Muppet Christmas Carole while eating popcorn.

    redmd@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to decorate the tree with special ornaments. Each one has a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, a Valentine wedding. That would have been sweet and should make the Anniversary easy to remember (yes, I am a forgetter of important dates). Our traditions are around the food. Using family recipes handed down through the generations. The only break from tradition, since my g'ma passed away, is to have cold food rather than hot (C-day in Australia is often too hot for roasts and steaming sides). And it is traditional to stuff ourselves silly then find a cool spot to nap or read books. We love that part.
    hojurose@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite past Christmas traditions was going to my sister's house Christmas morning. We'd bring tamales we bought from our tamale man and exchange gifts and play with them at her house. This will be the first year we don't do this and though it will be hard, the memories of what we used to do will be a great thing to remember.
    nidabland@msn.com

    ReplyDelete