~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about the love~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Gratitude & Giving Day 10 - Caraway Carter

First, I am grateful for letting K-Lee allow me to bend her arm and let me be a part of this great experience.

Ghost of Gratitude Past – I am grateful for stopping and listening. Believing that I could do this. Paying for yet another class, but this time actually showing up and doing what was asked of me. Finishing the story, editing the story and submitting the story. Jumping in with both feet first. That story was Hawaiian Trunks.

I’m grateful for the editors of my first Goodreads story earlier in 2014 that told me it was a great story, a great idea. I’m grateful for the person who told me that my writing made no sense and was immature, because if they hadn’t I wouldn’t have contacted the people I did and I wouldn’t be where I am today.

Ghost of Gratitude Present – Its been very hard for me to be grateful lately, I know I’m grateful I’m alive. But, losing someone I knew in the San Bernardino attacks took a toll on me. This is the first time I’ve been frightened in my life of what the future holds.

However, I’ve had a lot of people who have told me it’s time to celebrate the happiness of the man we lost, instead of mourning his death. I am grateful that I have readers who encourage me, writers who teach me, and a husbear who lifts me up daily. (He just came to the door and sang, “Do you want to take a shower?” to the tune of Do you want to build a snowman?”)

I am grateful for the humor that still explodes around me. And I am grateful that I am still writing.

Ghost of Gratitude Yet to Come – I am hopeful of the future yet to come. A friend and I have a five-year pact, to be full time writers in five years. We are headed into year three. Both of us looking forward to a time when we are supporting authors at GRL and then featured authors. We know the day will come. I am grateful for the characters that are milling about my mind, they are telling me things that I feel deep inside and I can’t wait for you to meet them.

***

More Grateful – That I was able to give Anders & Ujaruk a sequel. In The First Time you see them connect, live life, get that love, hold onto it. Cherish family and friends, people who see them in their day to day lives. I have a concluding story that is evolving in my mind, and I’m grateful that words still mean something in my head.

***

A Giveaway!
I’ve begun to enjoy tea, if you drink it too, comment here with your email and tell me what tea I should try next. If you are strictly a coffee drinker, tell me your favorite coffee drink. I’ll randomly pick one winner on December 26th. Winner gets a choice of either Storming Love: Earthquake Anders & Ujaruk or it’s sequel The First Time.

Caraway Carter Bio
Caraway Carter has worn numerous hats. He's been a furniture salesman, a dresser, a costumer, an actor/waiter, a rabble rouser, a poet and most recently a writer. He married his husband on Halloween and they are the loving parents of two rambunctious cats. He loves words and stringing them together, he loves sex and sexy men, he loves seeing how far his muse will take him and he's looking forward to entertaining you.

Visit Caraway at:

Caraway’s latest release, out on 12/25, is the sequel to Storming Love: Earthquake Anders & Ujaruk. It’s The First Time for everything. After surviving through a massive earthquake, Anders and Ujaruk know they can handle a crisis, but what about everyday life? Ujaruk moved in to help Anders while his leg healed, now that the cast is off, what happens next? Families, holidays and the first time.


The First Time presale link. https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-thefirsttime-1936907-149.html

9 comments:

  1. I really like vanilla lattes if I'm going to go out for a coffee. Otherwise, I recently tried and loved a tea from Harney & Sons called Royal Wedding tea. jczlapin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love vanilla lattes too. I'm going to search out the Royal Wedding tea, I remember back when Diana married Prince Charles and they had a special tea, oh it was so delicious. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. For strong smoky teas, I like lapsang souchong. This is not to everyone's taste and I have been banned from brewing it in the house if the windows aren't open. So if you like a green tea, I recommend Japanese lime tea. The one I drink has little flowers in it that open up and float around the cup. I like brewing this in a glass pot and drinking it from a glass cup without straining it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued about the lapsang souchong, I must find. And I do enjoy a nice green tea, I've recently seen the blossoming teas and a glass pot and glass cup are on my wish list this year.

      Delete
  3. I really don't drink a lot of tea. The only time I generally drink tea is when I'm sick and then it's a hot toddy. ;) I do drink coffee. I'm particularly partial to Caramel Cappuccino. really good when its cold with whipped cream.


    redmd@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will keep on the lookout for a Caramel Cappuccino, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela:

    Congrats on the release of The First Time :)

    I'm more of a coffee drinker myself, The first thing i need when i wake up in the morning is a plain coffee (with milk and Sugar) but during the day i also enjoy Cappucino or Café au Lait.
    When i drink tea it is always the regular ones.

    ahpg(at)ziggo(dot)nl

    ReplyDelete
  7. A winner has been chosen. Thank you for stopping by everyone. I will announce the winner on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete