~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about the love~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The good, the bad and the pretty

Yeah, that's how my life kind of feels like right now. This post is a whole lot of odds and sods, some pretties, etc, etc, etc.


Just a reminder that the Hop Against Homophobia starts Thursday, May 17 on the International Day Against Homophobia. There are over 230 authors, publishers and review sites involved in the hop, all with individual give-aways. We've encouraged all of our participants to acknowledge the International Day Against Homophobia in their posts on that day, whether it be in addressing the overall issue of homophobia, the relaying of personal experiences, the importance of getting the word out about bullying or helplines, etc. So join the cause, fight the fear and hate, and see some great m/m content. Click the icon for the link. And just a heads-up, I'll be giving away a set of William Neale's Home series ebooks in his memory on my site, in a separate post than mine, so make sure you check out both posts.



Next I have a couple of release dates for June - two in one month is still a little surreal, plus I'll be on my cruise for the first and flying for the second.




Countdown to Daddies
EVEN GAY DADS GET PREGNANCY PAINS
Available June 15th from MLR Press - for Father's Day


Lucius' Bite - Family of Misfits 1
TO BITE OR NOT TO BITE, THAT IS THE QUESTION
Available JUNE 22 from MLR Press
(cover by the fabulous LC Chase)


Lazy Sundays
(free Read from the m/m romance group)
Due out at beginning of July

*****

Mother's Day was awesome for K-lee this year. Hubby got me an electric milk steamer thingy so I can learn to make Earl Grey Lattes myself. I say learn because I am not awesome at stuff like that. My kids were awesome though. My daughter got me these with a note that made me cry, of course. 



Middle boy made me a card and took me for sushi last night. :)


Baby boy got me the UnderWorld Awakening DVD 
and fed my Avengers/Thor addiction with this


And yes, it is a Thor bobble-head. :P

And speaking of Avengers... rather than dinner out I told my family I wanted to go to the
movie - yet again. My youngest hadn't seen it yet. And except for the comment, "I don't get why you love Loki so much", he thought is was awesome. And it was just as great the third time for me.

*****

I'm going to vent a little. Hadn't planned on it but something happened to shoot my day to hell. Today someone left a comment on one of my new releases that was intended to slander me personally. She basically said she promised herself to not read anything by me BUT because of what the story was about... whatever. I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned that is not a fair comment to leave on an author's page - it makes their reputation seem shady and puts questions out there that shouldn't be out there. It made me angry then of course, fall to tears. I'm sensitive, yeah, that's been established, but I don't understand the pettiness of some people - the overwhelming urge to harm. A simple comment can be the death of an author and since I'm just starting out anyway, it makes me depressed as hell. My retaliation would be "don't do me any favours" because that's what she made it sound like, she was doing me a favour by buying my book and leaving a snarky comment. No thank you. Now I need to try to compress these feelings and go on with my day. Not always easy for me - never easy actually.

*****

After all that, here's some pretty. (if you read my tumblr, you may have seem most of these http://kleeklein.tumblr.com/)
Take care and remember to HOP tomorrow.



Yeah, Thoroki makes me feel a little better.







I'm completely crushing on this model - Marlon Teixeira
~~ face, hair, body, he's got it all ~~








And some NOT Chris Hemsworth or Marlon Teixeira


The fabulous Brian Kinney (Gale Harold)







Have a good "end" of your week.







1 comment:

  1. Love both book covers and of course the pics you posted. You always have the best pictures and music videos on your site. :)

    Glad you had a great Mother's Day. Your kids sound awesome. They have good taste in cards/gifts.

    Now I'm going to vent right along with you. First of all, I'm really sorry that someone upset you with their comments. I don't understand why people do that. Are they just hateful people, miserable with their own life so they want to spread the misery around, bring others down? I have enjoyed reading every one of your stories and I think you are very talented. If a person genuinely doesn't like something they've read, there is a tactful way of handling it(not by trashing the writer).

    I just happened to get on Goodreads today. I don't really do much on there. I don't even write reviews, but I do have a lot of the books I've read listed there. Today I added several more books that I just finished reading. I was looking at some of the reviews others had given these books and I happened to see some rather hateful comments by this one particular person. Now that I think of it, I've seen her make some mean comments on blogs before. The first thing that popped into my head was what a hateful *itch! Why do this to authors? This is their livelihood. It really made me mad.

    Another thing I don't get is when someone gives 1 star for a review. Really? I have read tons of books and I don't think I've ever disliked one that much. Makes me feel bad for the author. Anyway, guess I'm through now. Try not to let it get to you too much. Have fun at your concert tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete