~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about the love~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 23, 2012

Music Monday - Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica is a Finnish band formed in 1993 when four classically trained cellists gathered to play Metallica covers at Sibelius Academy. Since then Apocalyptica (I really love their name) with its three members --Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lotjonen, Perttu Kivilaakso and Mikko Siren (Jesus - try spelling those even while you're looking at them) --have sold over four million albums. Their music has been called everything from classical to neo-classical metal to thrash metal and even symphonic metal. I just call it and them very unique.


The first time I heard of the band was in fanfiction of all places and I immediately checked them out. The combination of hard-rocking music, beautiful long-haired (you gotta admit they're pretty hot) and kick-ass cellos suits me just fine. I love that they have guest-vocalists that fit perfectly into the dynamics of the band, that their videos are freaky awesome, that they wear guy-liner, and basically, I just think the whole band and their music is cool as hell. Check them out. 
(they're coming to the University here but I don't wanna go alone - any takers?)





My fave song and video of theirs because it has the awesome (and Canadian) 
Adam Gontier from Three Days Grace. 


Featuring Gavin Rossdale from Bush.


Featuring Brent Smith from Shinedown
(there is another version of this song with Doug Robb from Hoobastank)


And Corey Taylor from Slipknot and Stone Sour


A live video to show you how they work it on stage.
(there are other live ones where they *ahem* are shirtless :P)



Different live version, only 3 cellos, a shirtless Perttuu and some tongue. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment